There are a variety of attachments for a skid steer or excavator that can help do specialized landscaping tasks. A Stumpex can grind a stump with the shavings staying in the hole of the stump. It works with a skid steer. Bobcat has an auger that is perfect for drilling in medium soil. It works with the Bobcat skid steer and excavator. To move trees consider using the pallet fork attachment by Dymax with adjustable tines.
- The design of various landscaping attachments is to turn one’s skid steer, excavator, and other equipments into brush clearing machines that are lean and mean.
- According to the company, Fecon’s Stumpex stump grinder will work on skid steers which have as little as 20 gallons per minute of hydraulic output.
- Fecon’s Stumpex stump grinder weighs 1,500 pounds and it grinds easier and cleaner than other grinders while having the chip stay in the hole.
“It has a combination output shaft that allows for both hex and round bits. It is 10.6 inches wide and 37 inches long and can dig down to 62 inches without an extension. It can be used with certain Bobcat compact track and skid-steer loaders, excavators, Toolcat utility work machines and the V519 telescopic tool carrier.”
Read more: https://www.totallandscapecare.com/green-industry-news/15-attachments-for-grinding-stumps-driving-posts-clearing-brush-more/
Double duty furniture is perfect for any workshop or limited space needs. A simple flip-over bar stool step ladder serves two purposes. It works as a bench seat for when you need a place to sit, and it also works as a step stool for when you need to reach something from a high cabinet or shelf. No fancy hardware is needed nor is it complicated to use. Simply flip the stool over to achieve the unique step ladder portion and you have one piece of furniture with dual purposes.
- DIY mavens, Scott, devised the Benjamin Franklin Ladder Chair, which became a template for one creative couple to make their own ladder that doubles as a work bench.
- Because it arises from the same design base as the Hoosier Cabinet style of the Early twentieth century, this sort of stepstool is often called a Hoosier step stool.
- Because the design is so simple, one couple put theirs together for no additional money, simply by repurposing 2×2 and 2×4 lumbar scraps.
“We’ve been hard at working making our work area in the garage at our Birch House feel more like a workshop and less like a storage unit that also houses our tools — it’s slow going, but we’re making progress!”
Read more: https://www.remodelaholic.com/build-flip-over-2×4-bar-stool-step-ladder-aka-hoosier-step-stool/
Captivating lawns do not happen by accident, they’re created by homeowners who want their home to look immaculate from the inside out. Follow the 2019 landscaping trends to ensure that your home looks great from the outside. it is simple to add pergolas, pops of pink color, or even metal hardware to fences, gates, and other fixtures to accentuate the look. These are a few of the many landscaping trends that you should be a part of.
- It is a waste of time to go out and spend precious money when one can stay at home and invite his friends to his landscaped backyard.
- Provided their backyards are landscaped the right way, many persons would prefer to spend the time outdoors in their own private oases.
- One of the trends of landscaping is that people are becoming intentional about what they want to use their outdoor spaces for.
“Forget waking up early on the weekends to tend to the garden. Homeowners these days are embracing new technologies that take away the humdrum tasks they dread—like mowing the lawn and watering the plants.”
Read more: https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/top-landscaping-trends-2019-yard/
With creativity and hard work, you can design your own outdoor living spaces without outsourcing the job to someone else. Start with some durable, weather resistant patio furniture from Park Warehouse. Look for metal, cedar or teal furniture that can serve multiple purposes and is easily stored when not in use. Fire pits can be both romantic and functional. You can also explore xeriscaping elements such as hardy native grasses, mulch and patches of open earth interspersed with your pavers to create a creative, economical, environmentally friendly landscape.
- Buy patio furniture that is made of high quality materials and is easy to care for.
- Choose plants that can thrive in your outdoor space without a lot of water.
- Make your outdoor space more romantic by installing a fire pit or some other type of fire feature.
“Bring back the life of your patio and garden and spark happier conversations, enhance mood, and encourage positive vibes in your home.”
Read more: https://designlike.com/how-to-design-your-outdoor-space-like-a-pro/
It can be alarming for a homeowner to find that a plane tree on her property has begun shedding its bark. Alarming, but not necessarily surprising: it is a common occurrence in the popular London plane tree. However, while bark shedding may be unsightly, it is not indicative of poor tree health. Bark shedding is a natural process, most likely way of removing old layers to make room for new ones. Another theory posits that trees may discard their bark as a defense against parasites and disease. Regardless, there is no reason to be concerned, unless other negative signs are also apparent in the tree.
- Landscapers know that the choice to plant shade trees is a good choice considering the fact that they need to invest time, money, and patience.
- The London plane tree, which is quite used in landscaping and busy city streets, is known to shed its bark drastically.
- Although the amount of bark that is shed by plane trees is unpredictable, when homeowners see this happening, they begin to think that the tree is diseased.
“The sudden or unexpected loss of bark in mature trees can be quite the cause for concern for many homeowners.”
Read more: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/plane-tree/plane-tree-shedding-bark.htm