You can create a beautiful lawn and now is the best time to get started. Consider integrating shrubs, groundcovers, and perennials to cut down on the amount of grass you’ll need to mow and add variety to your landscape. If you’re looking to rejuvenate your grass, you can use seed or sod, but it will be much more cost effective to start from seed. Whichever you choose, you will need to water frequently to get your lawn established.
- It takes frequent irrigation to get a lawn started, so a period of recurrent rainfall is the right time to begin.
- Good soil preparation will conserve water in the long run after the lawn is established.
- Plants with deep roots can better survive hot weather and drought, but you need to properly prepare the soil before planting them.
“In fact, a yard full of shrubs, groundcovers, perennials etc. can be much more interesting and attractive than a yard with nothing but grass.”
Read more: https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/news/2019/06/16/if-youre-looking-overhaul-your-lawn-now-good-time/1464639001/
There are a number of steps homeowners can take to make their yards more ecologically friendly. One idea is to use native perennial plants. Another is to reduce use of chemicals and fertilizer. When you water, try to do so in the morning or late evening, to limit evaporation. Mulching can reduce water usage as well, as it helps soil retain moisture. When it comes to equipment and tools, renting rather than buying will conserve resources. You can also try to locate salvaged materials for your projects (e.g., recycled bricks). By following these tips, you can have a great landscape that is also kind to Mother Nature.
- To maintain the natural surroundings of your area and garden, it is suggested that when one is planting he should opt for plants that are native to the area.
- The plants that one can find in his neighborhood can readily be gotten year after year and have shown resistant to the pests in the area.
- Supporting water conservation is very important when one is maintaining a garden even though the lawns have to be considerably watered.
“The green movement is thriving, with homeowners across the country looking for ways to make their properties more eco-friendly.”
Read more: https://www.miamiok.com/news/20190616/summer-sustainability-simple-ways-to-make-your-backyard-more-eco-friendly
Impatiens are relatively easy plants to maintain, but they do require some work to help them display that full, healthy look. The problem is that if impatiens are allowed to grow on their own, they tend to display too much stem and not enough flower. Cutting the stems at the appropriate times will help. After the initial flowering begins to fade, you can cut the top of the stem, which will help encourage more blooms. A couple of times during the summer, you can take a larger cut of up to half a foot to make sure the stems don’t get too long.
- Impatiens are relatively low-maintenance, but to maintain a full, healthy look, the stems need to be cut.
- Once the flower has bloomed and starts to fade, cut the tops of the stems.
- Cut a larger section of the stem no more than a couple times during the summer to get and keep that full look.
“They need regular water but, otherwise, you mostly don’t have to do anything with them for long periods of time.”
Read more: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/impatiens/cutting-back-impatiens.htm
It is required for those taking on hardscape construction jobs to have patience since taking a hurry in estimating them and rushing on them can result in bad jobs and failed projects. One thing that contractors need to avoid is to guess on the amount of bedding sand to use on a pavement project. One expert says that this is a mistake that many contractors make as they put in too much bedding sand in a pavement project and then spoil the project. He said that his company has been receiving several calls that involve their going to repair patios that were already done by some contractors because there was too much bedding sand on them and everything sunk and had to be pushed. Therefore using exact and measured amounts of materials in carrying out a pavement job is essential and important in order that the client does not have to redo the job again. In a hardscape construction project, the final steps involve applying polymeric sand, the sealer and the cleaners. Also, because they are key steps when one wants the lifetime of the pavement to be extended, patience and precision are important in applying them.
- In order to prevent one making a bad job of the hardscaping project, a contractor does not have to rush on it but take his time.
- One expert in hardscaping says that his company has often been called to redo jobs carried out by contractors because they put in too much bedding sand.
- In order to make sure that a client does not have to do repairs and call another company to work on his hardscape, the job should be done right.
“For example, contractors should avoid guessing how much bedding sand to use on a pavement project.”
Read more: https://www.lawnandlandscape.com/article/ll-outdoor-outlook-precision-and-patience/