Most times people are content with the thought that stone hardscaping needs little or no maintenance. It is easy to have that mindset but this should not be the case. This is because these materials are compact and seem indestructible so many people think that they can survive on their own without any care applied to them. But they need to know that these materials are still faced with the elements which take their toll on them so they need care to continue to retain the glory that they had in the past. One good thing people should know is that maintaining a hardscape is not a difficult or laborious activity. The author has outlined some steps that need to be followed to maintain the hardscape. The first step to do is to regularly clean the stone and keep debris off from the hardscape. On an everyday basis, one can do a thorough sweeping of most of the debris using a broom. Also, one should regularly spray the stones with a hose to keep them clean. One thing to consider also is that during winter, leaves and flowers that have fallen from trees can leave stains on the stones. These stains can be removed from the stones by scrubbing them with water and detergent. Other suggestions on keeping the hardscape clean are outlined in the blog.
- Although paving stones, sidewalk surfaces and retainer walls hold up better over the long-term better than many man-made surfaces, they are not indestructible.
- To help prevent wear and tear to your paving stones, keep them clean with regular washing.
- Use a hose, or pressure washer. And do not let detritus, like fallen leaves, remain indefinitely on your hardscape.
“But, the elements still take their toll on your hardscape, and this stonework will deteriorate without proper care.”
Read more: https://www.vnews.com/Ask-Angie-s-List-What-kind-of-maintenance-does-my-hardscape-require-25295115
There are few things that are so beautiful and inviting as listening to the birds singing while relaxing in the backyard and the sun is shining on one’s face. While many homeowners would love to be part of this scene, they do not know how to make their home a place where wildlife would be attracted to come and visit. One way that the authors suggest you can increase the traffic of birds to your yard is to install bird feeders. According to interior designers, it is relatively easy to make your home a place which is inviting to animals whether one lives in the city or the rural areas. Although after working on it, it might take a long time to reap the full benefits, but at the end of the beauty of doing so would be realized. The first thing to start with when one wants to create a backyard that is more natural is to have a plan. The expert, Scott, has partnered with homeowners to produce a video that shows homeowners the natural way they can attract wildlife to their compound by using a plan. Also, one can try to see what plants are natural for the area and then plant these in the backyard.
- To lure in butterflies and other welcome fliers to your garden, keep it free of weeds and ensure an array of nectar-rich plants are available.
- Putting out bird feeders is an easy no-brainer way to make your slice of the outdoors beguiling to birds.
- Ideally, you should go for organic pest control methods, thereby eliminating chemicals harmful to wildlife.
“Few things compare to the sound of birds singing while you relax on the deck with the sun shining on your face, but many homeowners don’t know how to make their yard a haven for local wildlife.”
Read more: https://www.argus-press.com/news/national/article_2785f56d-ed1d-5291-96ce-af55fec48227.html
Landscape timbers give the opportunity for homeowners to beautify their yard. Landscape timbers are used for planter boxes or raised gardening beds. They may also be used to separate plants from other areas of the yard. Landscape timbers are flat on both sides which makes them perfect for stacking. Natural wood looks the best and is often more expensive. Synthetic wood is usually easier to lift and install. Choosing which type is often preference. Whatever your choice it is the details that count.
- Landscape timbers are used for garden boxes and raised beds for landscaping designs.
- Landscape timbers are flat on the bottom and top which makes them ideal for stacking.
- Just like home flooring, natural wood always costs more but it is usually the most appealing.
“Landscape timbers present a challenging DIY project, but one any determined landscaper can handle.”
Read more: https://www.improvenet.com/a/landscape-timbers-what-you-need-to-know
Before you embark on your landscaping journey, grab some pruning sheers and start to clean up the area as a way to prep the foundation. Once you’ve finished the cleaning process, start adding colorful flowers in order to add a more vibrant aesthetic to the area. Planting some white flowers in between the colorful ones is a great way to accent and illuminate all of the beautiful hues that surround it. Shrubs are a great option for areas that you are trying to hide.
- Before you start more advanced steps in landscaping, be sure to clean the area with a rake and some pruning sheers.
- Planting white flowers will help illuminate the other flowers and attractions within your garden.
- Shrubs are a great option when it comes to hiding areas in your yard that look less than desirable.
“Pansies, geraniums, sunflowers, California poppies, sweet peas, Veronica, asters, yarrow, peonies, and daffodils are all good considerations for novice planters.”
Read more: https://www.loveyourlandscape.org/expert-advice/landscaping-essentials/enhancing-your-landscape/simple-landscape-projects-that-make-a-big-difference/