As the weather changes and our earth settles into the next rotation of autumn and winter, it gets exciting to think about the flavors and fruits that become available throughout this special time. In her new blog post, Tonya Barnett focuses on the topic of autumn crisp apples by explaining what type of apples this tree produces, a short starter guide on how to properly plant and grow the tree and provides an estimate on how long you can expect the tree to produce.
- Autumn Crisp apples are a cross between the Golden Delicious and Monroe varieties.
- Autumn Crisp trees cannot be grown from seed, but saplings are available online and at local garden centers.
- At least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day, frequent irrigation, fertilization and pruning are needed for the trees to grow.
“One variety of apple, ‘Autumn Crisp.’ is especially prized for its use in the kitchen and for fresh eating.”
Read more: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/apples/autumn-crisp-tree-info.htm
Bobcat has recently launched its’ new remote control to operate their compact loader. Bobcat has over 100 loader attachments, and the remote control works with them all. Just like the quick and easy way attachments are mounted and unmounted on the loaders, the remote controls are simple to set up: simply “plug and play”. Remote controls improve safety, comfort and work production. They also help keep workers away from environmental hazards. The possibilities are unlimited. It’s comes with two interchangeable batteries and is easy to use.
- Bobcat’s new Remote Control System is portable and easy to use.
- The Remote Control Systems keep workers safe by allowing them to stay at a distance from hazardous worksites.
- With the Remote Control System, an operator is able to maintain communication with co-workers while operating the machine.
“For the company’s market-leading range of compact loaders, the attachment range has just been expanded with the launch of the new Bobcat Remote Control System.”
Read more: https://hub-4.com/news/bobcat-attachments-expand-with-loader-remote-control
The Wildscaped Orchard is located in Silver City near Gough Park, and it is currently a beautiful garden that is thriving with various grasses and fruit trees. The water system that has been employed can catch up to 35,000 gallons of water during storms, capturing rainfall that would end up just falling down the street without the water capturing system. The orchard will be featured during a field trip in the upcoming months as a part of a regenerative landscapes tour.
- In five years, a vacant lot in Silver City has been transformed into a thriving pollinator garden.
- Practically all the water the garden needs is captured from diverted rainfall.
- The garden includes plum, peach and apple trees, plus flowering plants that attract butterflies and bees.
“The project combines multiple ideas that promote sustainability and community.”
Read more: http://scdailypress.com/site/2019/09/09/orchard-demonstrates-potential-of-storm-runoff/
Aerial lifts are platforms that extend to various heights depending on the model, giving laborers the ability to reach higher work areas. The most common form of aerial life is the electric scissor lift. The electric scissor lift is known for offering a large amount of flexibility due to the ability of extended to several different height levels. Another popular form of a lift is an atrium lift, which is actually compact and can fold into small spaces like doorways.
- Standard lifts are usually electric scissor lifts which move vertically and provide high amounts of flexibility.
- If just one person is on the job and it only requires 17 to 26 feet of lifting, a personnel lift is a good option.
- An articulated knuckle boom offers perhaps the extensive amount of versatility, and can be used in crowded environments.
“Aerial lifts are versatile pieces of equipment featuring extendable platforms that allow you to access higher work areas, such as ceilings, roofs, windows and HVAC equipment.”
Read more: https://www.macallisterrentals.com/aerial-lift-rental-guide/
Autumn is the perfect time to prep all of your outdoor spaces and tools for the wet winter months coming ahead. You can start by halting any fertilization processes that you’ve been using on your roses and related perennials and replacing the process with a lawn food that releases slowly. You will also want to clean out your gutters and apply a layer of repelling sprays so that your gutters, roof, and hardscapes don’t experience overgrowth of mold and mildew.
- Since nurseries restock throughout the autumn season, prune any wilted plants and flowers and replace them with healthier seasonal varieties.
- When you clean the gutters before winter, apply some moss repelling spray to prevent mold and mildew growth during the winter season.
- Petunia baskets can typically stay up during the winter season as long as they are regularly maintenanced by pruning and watering.
“If you love outdoor living, then remember that this is the month that traditionally has the best weather for working, relaxing and dining outdoors.”
Read more: https://tdn.com/lifestyles/home-and-garden/top-things-to-do-before-weather-turns/article_7fe8dfe4-b93f-5425-8b10-fdd4655b599e.html