Having customer service skills are essential. Providing courteous, knowledgeable service to every customer is required within this position. Must have a valid drivers license. The successful candidate must be reliable and dependable. Please provide cover letter and resume with salary requirements.
* Repair and maintenance experience ideally with construction/ landscape or related equipment.
* Small engine repair and diesel repair knowledge
* Welding/ CDL a plus
* Experience in the rental industry is not necessary, but also a plus.
* Mechanic’s tools a plus.
Position Tasks & Activities:
* Maintain a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety procedures.
* Clean/pressure wash equipment in an effort to make look new, with the understanding that pressured water can damage decals, electric circuitry, etc., therefore using sound judgement is essential.
* Identify all known equipment damages or concerns to supervisor and tag equipment as such.
* Ability to operate and drive all equipment on to wash pad, including forklift certification.
* Assist co-workers with loading and unloading of customer’s equipment rental.
* Will assist various departments as directed and trained.
* Keep all rental equipment neatly displayed.
* Deliver equipment, or pick up parts on a local basis.
* Inventory a specific category of equipment on a weekly basis determined by assistant store manager.
* Fill propane tanks as needed.
* Communicate with supervisor.
* Clean company breakroom, bathrooms, etc. when instructed.
* Report safety violations to supervisor.
* Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
* Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
* Attend store safety meetings.
* Take initiative to perform other duties as needed or requested.
Nature of the Work:
The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Will assist department staff as assigned by your supervisor. Will also help maintain inventory. Shipping and receiving functions, from light to heavy, are also performed. Janitorial responsibilities, both inside and outside the premises, are also involved.
Must stand for long periods of time. Some work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
* Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
* Valid NC State driver’s license.
* Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
* Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
* Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
* Must pass company drug screen.
* Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
* Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
* Must be able to understand and follow instructions furnished in written, oral and scheduled form.
* Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
True Value Rental of Greensboro, NC
214 Stage Coach Trail
Greensboro, NC 27409
Everything you need for your next project!
Greensboro Equipment Rental Categories
Aerial Lifts, Ladders, & Scaffold
Compaction & Demolition
Compressors & Air Tools
Concrete & Masonry
Drills & Hammer Drills
Fans, Dehumidifiers, Temp, & Dust Control
Fork Lift & Ex. Reach Lift
Generators & LightingHeating & Cooling
Jacks, Industrial Dollies, & Chain Hoists
Lawn & Landscape
Pipe, Plumbing, & Pumps
Power Tools & Surveying
Tractors & Implements
Trailers, Cargo & Moving Equipment