More and more people are planning theme parties, weddings and corporate events that take place in tents. Adding the extra flair with lighting that creates the right mood plays a major role in the design of these events. To make your tent events real memory makers, discover all the lighting options available.
Add focus to a central area of a tent with portable chandeliers. There also are some great products that simulate a chandelier. These units feature huge, round bulbs and typically hang from pole-style tents.
Freestanding lights allow designers to create little settings or scenes in different areas the tent, such as a park bench with flowers beside Victorian-style street lamp. Many styles are available, and can really set the scene.
This donut-shaped electrical box slides on the center pole of a tent. Four lights surround the box. One option is to use halogen lights that shine up into the tent ceiling. Another option is to use decorative glow bulbs.
- Colored lighting is a way to add drama or flair
- Shine colored gel lights up from inside large potted plants.
- Achieve an avant-garde look with back lighting that shines through theatrical screens or background panels of stretched materials.
- Popular tent ceiling accent colors are lavender and pink. These colors soften the mood of the tent’s interior.
- Use colored lighting carefully. For example, don’t illuminate food tables with a pink light or all the food will look pink.
This article is owned by True Value and was reprinted on this site with their permission.