Attaching blue tape to your drill bit may be the most widely-used method of ensuring that the holes you drill are the right depth, but it’s easy for the tape to get mangled or pushed around on the bit, rendering it ineffectual. However, if you frequently drill holes of the sameness depth, it may be more effective to carve notches directly into the drill bit. This method is permanent, and the notches will be a lot more durable than tape.
- The author states that when it comes to drilling holes, he has tried all manner of gizmos but they have failed him.
- He was a little miffed today while drilling holes because his blue tape slipped after the third mortise while drilling compound angles in a chair.
- He found a solution by making two notches to the spade bit exactly just as he has been doing from the bottom of the bit’s spurs.
“For many years I’ve wished for a better way to drill holes to an accurate depth without putting blue tape on the bit.”
Read more: https://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-blogs/chris-schwarz-blog-woodworking-blogs/drill-accurate-holes-without-blue-tape/
Resort hardscaping is a new trend of people trying to bring the look and feel of a resort to their own backyards. Resort hardscaping can improve the value and curb appeal of your home, while also creating a place to relax. Outdoor kitchens are one popular resort hardscaping feature, and can include everything from refrigerators to wood-fired ovens, and even grilling islands. Durable, hardy slab pavers are a good component for resort hardscaping projects, and can help protect against the elements.
- When a backyard is hardscaped, it brings the feeling of having a vacation at home without the hassles of spending money on plane tickets.
- Staycation, or making the backyard look like a vacation destination through hardscaping, is getting popular with many people because of the benefits of enjoying it all-year-round.
- Some of the advantages of having a getaway with secluded places at a place of residence are that it adds to the ambience and promotes curb appeal.
“The National Association of Landscape Professionals agrees that creating a staycation at home is key for 2019, and with many homeowners aging in place, having a spot to relax and enjoy the outdoors that is easy to maintain and accessible is growing in popularity.”
Read more: https://www.readingeagle.com/news/article/whats-trending-in-the-backyard-grilling-islands-wood-fired-ovens-durable-pavers